WormTrader software is an extensible suite of Java applications to facilitate automated trading of the stock market from an Interactive Brokers account:
- Auto Trader – Employs a real-time feed combined with local historical data to day trade multiple securities with multiple strategies and stop loss methods. Strategies are coded to process bars and indicators in real-time to issue trading signals. The program can be configured to trade the signals fully automatically or else to prompt the user. Stops can be likewise configured.
- Trade Manager – This record keeping and performance monitoring tool downloads and tracks executions to allow analysis of trades by combinations of symbol, date, strategy, and security type.
- Back Tester – Simulates the behavior of the Auto Trader on historical data. Multiple symbols, strategies, and stop methods may be selected for each run over a specified date range. Trades may be fully analyzed using the Trade Manager.
- Chart Trainer – An enhanced paper trader that provides an effective way to practice day trading stocks using multiple frames. Select a particular symbol and date to trade in order to relive an actual day in the market. Alternatively, the program can randomly generate episodes. Episodes are tracked to provide performance analysis similar to that in Trade Manager.
- Analyzer – Prepare to trade before the market opens. Screens filter the
data to search for trading opportunities: Examples include list of stocks with bearish
engulfing candlesticks and rising stochastics. Any combination of indicators can be
employed in a screen. Quickly pull up charts of the resulting stocks to decide if
they will be trade candidates for the day and import them into the autotrader.
Alternatively, run the screen on a date in the past to generate stocks to practice on with the Chart Trainer.