The mission of Shane Bow is to share some code examples and programming knowledge acquired by the owner over a widely varied fifty-plus year career in software related endeavors — as well as some of the cool stuff my kids are working on.
The collection of data about you is not our objective. In fact, aside from being mildly curious about which countries our visitors reside in, we do not store any tracking information about you. If you give us your phone number we keep it on file in order to return your calls. And we keep your email address so that we can correspond and you can login to the site.
Currently there is no newsletter, nor any targeted advertising. If in the future, we add these to the site there will be a very simple way to opt out on the account settings page!
Protection of Personal Data is of great importance for us, and we strive to ensure a high level of security for the small amount of data we do have about you.
This page is intended to inform you, as data subject, about:
- the identity of the data controller and contact details of Shane Bow Data Protection Officer ("DPO")
- the type of personal data which is collected and processed
- the modalities of collection of personal data
- the purpose of the collection and processing
- the recipients (if any) to whom the personal data of the data subject shall be disclosed
- the time-limits for storing the personal data
- the practical modalities of exercising the rights of the data subject under the Shane Bow Personal Data Privacy (PDP) Framework
shanebow.com provides a web portal, or gateway, to the software related services offered by Shane Bow. The Portal is owned by Shane Bow. The main activities of Shane Bow take place at two Shane Bow locations, in California and Thailand.
1. Who is the Data Controller?
Your personal data are collected and further processed as shown below upon the decision taken alone by Shane Bow. Thus the Data Controller is Shane Bow.
2. What are the contact details of the Shane Bow Data Protection Officer?
Your first point of contact concerning personal data matters is the support email of Shane Bow, at email@example.com
For further information on the situations in which you may contact the Shane Bow DPO, please refer to the questions below.
3. What kind of personal data about you are collected and further processed?
The personal data which may be collected and further processed for the purposes mentioned below are in particular
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Country of birth (optional)
- Country of residence (optional)
- Telephone number (optional)
- Information in connection with your use of the website, such as information in server logs, including information on how the website was used by you, your search queries
- Other information that you provide and which may directly or indirectly identify you.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Portal and/or related services
- Up-to-date data about yourself, if you register your personal details for the Notification Service
- Details of your visits to our Portal (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access)
- We may ask you for information when you report a problem with our Portal. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
You are required not to send to Shane Bow any sensitive information (including information that indicate, directly or indirectly, the personnel's ethnic origin, political opinions, adhesion to unions, parties etc., health situation, sexual orientation).
4. How are your personal data collected or further processed?
Your personal data may be collected by various means, including via:
- registration to projects
- applications to attend [an event, a conference or a seminar]
5. Why are your personal data collected and further processed?
Your personal data are collected and further processed:
- To ensure that content within our Portal is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or mobile device)
- To provide you with information, data products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between affiliated institutes or contracted companies and us
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Portal, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to or additional services in our Portal, we may use your data to provide you with information about our services which may be of interest to you and either we may contact you about these by post, telephone or email.
6. To whom might we disclose your personal data to?
Shane Bow will not disclose your personal data to any third party recipients for the fulfilment of all or part of the purposes of the collection and processing of personal data, which are mentioned above.
Shane Bow does not consider your personal data as an asset for sale and, thus, does not does sell your personal data to any third parties.
7. How long do we retain your personal data for?
The Agency may keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the above mentioned purposes.
We should not retain your personal information for longer than required. In many cases users become a members of the site, therefore we cannot set a fixed number of years for how long we keep your data. We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it.
We may keep some of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes some of your personal data, like name and email address.
8. How can you erase, rectify, complete or amend your personal data?
Shane Bow is keen to collect and process accurate personal data and to keep it to date. You may request the erasure, rectification, completion or amendment of your personal data if, and to the extent that it is inaccurate or incomplete, having regard to the purposes for which they are collected and processed, or if they are processed in violation with the principles referred in this PDP Policy.
If you choose to make a request for the erasure of personal data, you understand and agree that you no longer have access to your profile.
The above mentioned request should be submitted to the Shane Bow DPO, as first point of contact, by sending an email to:
You may also be allowed access to your personal data and have the possibility to erase, rectify, complete or amend it, according to the following modalities:
1. by accessing the web portal at shanebow.com
2. by clicking on �Sign In�
3. by entering your account Username and password
4. by clicking on your name in the web portal and then My Account
5. by actually erasing, rectifying, completing or amending your personal data in the presented form
9. What could you do in case of a data protection incident?
In case of a data protection incident, you should contact Shane Bow DPO, as first point of contact, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Your consent
For those cases where your consent was not already obtained by Shane Bow (including by other modalities) and is required under the Shane Bow Policy on Personal Data Protection, you agree with the collection and further processing of your personal data:
- when you perform a password reset.
- by viewing your Account Settings
You will be able to withdraw your consent depending on the modality used to collect your personal data, in particular:
- by unsubscribing to mailing lists.
- by sending an email to email@example.com
- by viewing your Account Settings